Wieża Błaznów

Dyskusje na tematy związane z Andrzejem Sapkowskim (i wiele innych)
Dzisiaj jest 29.03.2024 @ 8:22:05

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 118 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
Dziecko-niespodzianka

Hello, everyone.

I am from Russia, and I really like all that Sapkowsi writes, but I don't know Polish at all =(.

Narrenturm has not translated into Russian yet, so can you tell me something about this book in English (or in Russian)? Is it better then Wiedzmin? I heart that this book was written in historical fantasy genre. In what way fantasy component is represented in this book.

I hope, that I'll see the answers =)))

Tytuł:
Dziecko-niespodzianka

Well, I guess it's hard to say if it is better than "Wiedźmin"...It's juest different...............

Tytuł:
Yarpen Zigrin
Awatar użytkownika

Kotki rulezzz :)

Tytuł:
Yarpen Zigrin
Awatar użytkownika

I could say that it is definitely more historical. The story takes place in Silesia (for example near Wrocław) in XVth century.
The way of writing is definitely elaborate, but action is less striking than in Wiedźmin books.
At this forum man could read opoinions that the new book appears as good as the old ones, or that old books were after all much better.

Special greeting !

Tytuł:
Evangelina Parr
Awatar użytkownika

Lokalizacja: z miejsca zwanego Lithostrotos, po hebrajsku Gabbata
There's definitely one thing you SHOULD know.Without getting at least basics of Polish middle-aged history you'll never catch most of them jokes.This is the main difference 'tween Wiedzmin and Narrenturm.Newest book is no nevernever land,it's taking place in a exact time and in the real (well mostly :) places (my neighbourhood :) and there's helluva laughabout...if you know who the fuck is that guy Zawisza Czarny :))

BTW - I like your nick :))

Tark

THIS IS NOT A LOVE SONG

Tytuł:
Evangelina Parr
Awatar użytkownika

Lokalizacja: z miejsca zwanego Lithostrotos, po hebrajsku Gabbata
PS.I like them cats....but they just cook to slow ;)))

THIS IS NOT A LOVE SONG

Tytuł:
Wiedźmin

<i> In what way fantasy component is represented in this book. </i>

There is some people (including the main character) who know more or less magic and you can find there fantastic characters - for example witches, demons, a werewolf - and some more mysterious. The magic is rather medieval than fantasy-like, not like in the story of Geralt.

Tytuł:
Wiedźmin
Awatar użytkownika

A no wlasnie to co Tarkus napisal to szczera prawda-bez znajomosci historii i geografii historycznej po prostu nie da sie załapac tej ksiązki.To dopiero bedzie ciezki orzech dla tlumaczy.Apropo tlumaczy -czy moze jakas dobra dusza przetłumaczyc co tu napisalem na angielski?zeby niegrzecznie nie bylo?U mnie pisanie w jezyku hamburgerów jest tragiczne

Tytuł:
Dijkstra
Awatar użytkownika

If you want I can send you some excerpts from "Narrenturm" in English. One helpful person on these boards sent them to me and as far as I remember, the translation is pretty good. Oh, and only the excerpts, as it all comes from a brochure found at Book Fair in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago.

So... if you want to receive them, let me know. Altogether these are 3 scans, approx. 400 kbs.

W wieku 6 lat chciałem zostać kucharką, gdy miałem 7 - Napoleonem. Odtąd moja ambicja, podobnie jak moja mania wielkości nie przestawały rosnąć

Tytuł:
Dziecko-niespodzianka

Thanks a lot for you answers!

Now I have an opinion about what it would be =).

2Vanin: If it is not very hard for you, please, send me scans to tsar@perumov.com

/me went to learn middle-aged Polish history....

Tytuł:
Dziecko-niespodzianka

<i>PS.I like them cats....but they just cook to slow ;)))</i>
Hahahhaha......very funny.............guess what?? I like ine fried. With that super hot chlili sauce on top that burns your toung, and you run around flapping your armas like come sort of a banana. If you know what I mean...........

And the book if really good, but as it was said before, a look at the Polish history isn't a bad idea.
wow..I didn't know I could write that much......ok....

Luv
C.

PS. I'm sorry 4 any potentional spelling and grammer mistakes, but really I don't know who needs the stuff. Search me........

Tytuł:
Wiedźmin

Shit. I guess I've fallen in love... It must be the 'potentional spelling and grammer mistakes'...

Tytuł:
Dziecko-niespodzianka

I said that I'm sorry for any. I usually don't bother with writing Damn, who needs it anyway??? Anyway I'm not so much out of my rocket as some of the guys hanging around here.............
Don't you get an impresion that it'a a bit odd writing here in English????
I must be going mad.........

Tytuł:
You're sorry? Don't be. I meant what I said. Take my word for it: this time - as incredible as this may seem - I'm almost sure I was serious when I said I'm in love. Especially if you come in twos: you and your cat. Must warn you, though. I may say at some point - pressed by circumstances - that I will marry you, but it's gonna be a nasty lie

Tytuł:
Dijkstra

Don't believe anything he says. Anterion's an ol' trickster :)

On Topic: Narrenturm is something well-written, the plot's very rich and full of allusions (as usual, I must say) but be aware there is no Super Hero hanging around there. The main character, Reynevan, can be called anything but a hero. He's fundamentally egoistic, naive and unexperienced. You cannot even compare him with Geralt. Don't hope you'll admire him, he isn't of this kind.
Frankly speaking, there is no character in the book you will want to be like - they're specific and interesting, of course, but theirs morality is far too controversial to make them people easy to identify with (as were most of the Witcher's Saga characters).
IMHO this is better as those guys are much more realistic than those from Saga. But of course everyone reads the book in his own way.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 118 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]